Seminar – Trail Running as Training for Alpinists
This seminar will introduce you to Trail Running as a training possibility for your alpine goals, to support your physical and mental strengths.
From starting out on trails to progressing onto more technical terrain we'll discuss how to help improve your overall alpine ability – and how to enjoy a day out in your runners! (You do not need to be an aspiring 'ultra' racer to attend).
We will cover topics such as:
– Where to start, increasing in distance, and /or more technical terrain such as ridgelines/scrambling
– Gear, including the use (or not) of poles, watches, maps
– Techniques, training, and overall optimization of the stress and recovery cycle
– Mental tools: motivation and meeting objectives
– Using experience across disciplines, e.g. running, climbing, and skiing
London/Chamonix based trail runner Tiffany Sailbil has been to races all over the world. Her latest trips brought her to 250k running adventures in Bolivia and Nepal. A keen skier and climber, she applies the mental and physical strength learned from running to other challenges. She drew on this endurance background and holistic approach when diagnosed with cancer.
Speaker: Tiffany Saibil, Arc'teryx Brand Store London Shop ambassador
Friday 30th June 2017, 17:30 – 18:15 | MJC – Salle La Coupole
94 promenade du Fori, 74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc