Clinic 03-SAT: Suunto® Navigation (Saturday)
Learn all about skilled navigation and orienteering in the mountains. Clinic topics include:
- How to plan and prepare for a tour
- How to read maps, how to read GPS coordinates on the map / different grids / Google earth
- Altitude lines on maps
- How does an altimeter work? Why calibrate?
- When to use barometer – when altimeter?
- Navigation with altimeter & compass
- Back up GPS – store the route on various advices
- Weather monitoring/forecast with barometer / storm alarm
Requirements: ability to ascend for approx. 3 hours.
Duration: full day
Meeting point/time: 09:30 am at Alpine Village in the town center of Chamonix
Additional costs: lift ticket (special deals will be available)
WHAT TO BRING?
Basic mountaineering equipment – Feel free to bring your own Suunto watch, alternatively you can get a test watch.
Out of stock